20 Baseball Betting Tips
1 - 10 Baseball Betting Tips |
11 - 20 Baseball Betting Tips
Most professional gamblers agree that baseball betting is one of the best ways to make money since baseball is one of the easiest sports to handicap. Many sportsbooks (both online and Nevada) would prefer to close their doors during the baseball season so that they can avoid the huge losses from baseball betting. In fact, sportsbooks are happy to just break even during the baseball season.
Below you will find the first half of 20 Baseball Betting Tips to help you make money this baseball season. But first, be sure to sign up for the Free Baseball Betting Guide to the right. By following the simple step-by-step instructions, $100 bettors turned $5,000 into $18,811 in 2011.
People bet on baseball for a variety of reasons. Some do it just for fun to make watching baseball more exciting. Others bet on baseball to make money. Whether you are a recreational bettor or one who wants to make a lot of money, you can learn to be a savvy bettor and regularly beat the house by using the following baseball betting tips.
If you're completely new to baseball betting, I would suggest
reading baseball lines,
which explains the most popular types of bets on baseball. In addition, check out
Sports Betting Terminology
in case you see a word or two that you haven't seen before.
- Avoid betting games in April and be wary of September. The first of 20 baseball betting tips will help to get your betting off on the right foot. In April, not only is weather a factor at certain parks, some managers are still tinkering with their line ups. Spend the first few weeks studying the teams rather than betting them. The baseball season is extremely long and there will be plenty of opportunities for betting baseball.
In September, as teams fall out of the pennant race, it is natural for players to be disappointed, and thus, put out less of an effort. Furthermore, it is a time that teams start looking to the future and bring up some of their top prospects. You just don't know how non-contending teams will play in September.
- Practice sound money management strategies. The second of 20 baseball betting tips just might be the most important one. It is without a doubt the most neglected area for novice bettors. Read the following article to find out the
biggest reason why novice bettors fail.
A good friend of mine told me that he has never once criticized a money management system used by another sports bettor. When I asked him why he told me,
“Because a bad money management strategy is still better then not having one at all. The simple truth is that if you don’t have a sound money management strategy, there is not a chance in hell that you’re ever going to make money betting on sports over the long term.”
By looking at the car he drives, this is probably good advice to never forget.
- Take advantage of proven systems for picking baseball winners. Gambling professionals all agree that the third of 20 baseball betting tips is essential for picking winners. Whether you use systems to supplement your present handicapping techniques or as a stand-alone betting method, here are some
baseball betting systems
to help you make a lot of money.
- Dime Lines. In the sports gambling world, a "dime line" means a 10 cent money line. It is the difference between the odds for the favourite and the underdog. If your sportsbook does not offer dime lines, you’re needlessly throwing away your money. Do not underestimate the importance of dimelines (fourth of 20 baseball betting tips). Look for the header “Dimes Lines” at
How to Select Sportsbooks.
- Know the target audience of Sportsbooks. A critical factor to consider when placing wagers is the type of bettor the sportsbook targets. This answer will affect your bottom line more than you realize. Every sportsbook caters toward a different kind of sports bettor. The goal is to use this knowledge and take advantage of it. Look for the header “Target Audience” at
How to Select Sportsbooks.
- Compare Odds. Not all sportsbooks offer the same odds. Books change their numbers according to the betting patterns of their customers, so it is not entirely uncommon to find ten or twenty point differences in the lines. When you are betting your hard earned money, getting the best line is a top priority. To learn more, read
MLB Odds & Betting Lines.
- Be Wary of Handicappers. As with any industry there are good and bad handicappers. The handicapping business is full of businesses skilled in marketing but lacking in picking winners. Many offer free picks for the sole purpose of getting your phone number so a high-pressured salesman can hound you on a daily basis.
Moreover, be careful of services offering different levels of picks based on the idea that the more you pay, the more you win. The question you should always ask is why am I not getting the best picks regardless of price? For more, read
How to Pick a Handicapper.
- Underdogs often add more value than favourites. Betting underdogs is normally a good idea in any sport, but it is even more important in baseball where even good teams lose 70-plus games each year.
In 2010, $100 bettors that put a wager on every underdog would have lost $1,101.08. However, $100 bettors taking all favourites would have lost $5,046.33 (almost five times more than the dogs). The oddsmakers often inflate the line on the favourites because they know the general public likes to bet the favourites. Add a couple of filters and there is great value betting underdogs. Here is a great
Baseball Underdog System.
- Avoid laying odds worst than -150. To break-even with -150 odds you must win 60% of the time. Given that the top teams in the league win about 60% of the time and the bottom teams win about 40% of the time, you are throwing your money away if you are consistently betting on heavy favourites.
- Fade public teams and favourites playing on television. It is normally a good idea to either avoid or fade public teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets and Cubs. These organizations are often heavy favourites and you're less likely to make money on these clubs.
Prior to the 2010 season, these four teams produced only four of a possible 16 profitable seasons over a four year span. If you had bet just $100 on each of their games over that span you would be down over $10,000. Conversely, by playing their opponents, the big dogs, you would have been up even more than that.
In 2010, all four teams had losing seasons once again for money line bettors.
As for TV games, the oddsmakers are well aware of what games are nationally televised and they know that most gamblers prefer to root for the favourite! You can bet that the favourite line and the over line will be inflated. You are much better off sticking to dogs and unders in TV games!
If you take into consideration these
Baseball Betting Tips
when developing your betting strategy, you will have a very profitable year betting on baseball.
Grab Your Copy of the FREE Baseball Betting Guide And NEVER Struggle Betting on Baseball Again!